Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Shaoxing


On the second day of the trip we went to Shaoxing. First we went the Luxun Native Place. Here we tasted the city's specialty: Chao Tofu. Henny and I both like the taste but Muhit and Romeo didn't. Henny liked it so much before we left she ate some more from the street vendor.

In the afternoon we went to Keyan. I think this place was my favorite spot on the trip. Very beautiful and peaceful.

We got a to taste the local Huang Jiu. Bao Laoshi said it was to sweet and Henny thought it was too bitter. Romeo and I thought it was quite nice.


In the evening Henny and I tried to search for some local food. Because of our limited ability to speak and read Chinese we couldn't find a restaurant that served the Xi Hu Chu Yu or Dang Po Rou. We did find a nice fish restaurant. The fish was so fresh and cooked perfectly. The only thing that would have made it better would be an extra person to help us finish the giant pot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home