Thursday, January 19, 2006

Pictures from London



Hi everyone!
It is my third week in London and I am loving every minute. Sorry it has taken me so long to post pictures. But it has been a little crazy. Wanting to take in all the sites and not stay in all day.
Plus now I have started my Internship with Canary Wharf Group. But I think we saw most of the main sites around London.
Big Ben


The London Eye

Buckingham Palace

London Tower Bridge

Our first weekend we took a trip out of the center of the city to Kew Gardens. It is a huge garden, with the most species of plants in the world (I think) but it is still winter so not very many things are in bloom. The reason why we went though was to catch the last day of the Dale Chihuly exhibit. Very beautiful glass art. If any of you are in Miami I suggest seeing the exhibit there.

Our next weekend we went to Covent Gardens, Camden Town and took a city tour. Covent Gardens was pretty fun. There are a lot of little shops and flea market style booths. There were also a lot of street performers.

This past week I spent most of my days at my internship. But yesterday we went to Stonehenge. It was amazing. And it was huge. The only down point was the freezing cold winds and that you can't get very close to it. After that we went to Old Wardour castle. (featured in Robin Hood Prince of Theives). I forgot to bring my camera so I will have to get pictures from friends.

I am having such a great time, I wish everyone could be here with me. I'll try to keep you all updated on how thing are.

1 Comments:

Blogger Nhi said...

I like the glass art, very cool. Any pictures of the castle?

1:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home